Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We're here....

O.K., Caldwell and I think that it's just about time for us to get started with our own blog (Ben does too, he just doesn't know it yet). So here goes it....



Caldwell and I just got back from the Tourtelotte family reunion. I seriously didn't think that anyone could have a larger family gathering then the Caldwell's. I was certainly proven wrong. There were Tourtelottes, Carpenters, Waters, Brownells, Rolls, and much much more. People from L.A., Dallas, VA, GA, and everywhere. These folks are world travelers thinking nothing of heading out to France, Madrid, or Timbuktu on a whim. I simply could not keep up.



It was so much fun. I watched everyone as they caught up with friends called family that they haven't seen in the past two years or more. Everyone made me feel so welcomed and a part of the gang.



Caldwell was a hit! She did so well and absolutely LOVED the beach. She spent a good amount of time with her 5th cousin who is a month older than her. As soon as baby Quincy passed Caldwell they reached out for one another. No doubt with an expression of "we're in this thing together". It was really great to know you are a small part of something that is bigger than you and a good feeling knowing that when you marry someone you marry their family as well. I am blessed to be married to this family!



More blogging to come, be patient as I learn how I do all of this.....

3 comments:

Sara P.B. said...

Hey Beth,

You've made a good start. Caldwell is so beautiful & growing up WAY TOO fast! So, when are we gonna rendezvous at Fatz? Love yall!!!

Rcaldwell said...

What do the pups think of the site? This is a great way to communicate and the pictures are perfect! Love it!

The Jacksons said...

Hey Beth! It is Jen Bouknight Jackson. Caldwell is absolutlely beautiful. Hope eveything is well with you. Miss you. Jen